I just finished up with writing a post right here on the blog. It had to do with creating a selection from a color channel in Photoshop. I wrote a lot in that post and thought that I’d offer a much more simplified process here. Creating selections from channels is really easy and all it takes is one or two steps. Check them out below.
– Open a photo or graphic in Photoshop.
– Open the Channels panel by going to the Window > Channels menu item.
– When you see the individual color channels, click on one to inspect it in the larger image view in the workspace.
– When you’re sure you have the channel for the colors you’d like to select, hold down the Ctrl (Command on Mac) key and then click once on the channel thumbnail.
– Doing this will create the selection for the colors in the channel.
Once the selection is made, you can do whatever you wish with it. In the post, I used adjustment layers to desaturate some colors and saturate others. It created a pretty cool effect.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please ask below. Thanks!