Beautiful Mountains & Nature in Western Maine

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
I recently went on a nice long ATV ride through parts of Carrabassett Valley in Maine and took some photos of a few very scenic areas. Our trip mostly stayed close to the Bigelow Preserve, so half of the four photos I'll show you down below are of that area. The other two photos are from a trail called the Poplar Mountain Trail (I think). There was a promised "scenic view" a fair ways up the trail, so we trekked the 2.9 miles it took to get there. The ATV handled everything just fine, but as passengers, we bumped around a lot. It wasn't the best trail, condition-wise, but at least we were rewarded with a wonderful view of the western Maine mountains. They sure are pretty this time of year and we hope to get back out there come mid-October when the leaves are on full fall display.

Anyway, here are two photos from the Bigelow Preserve area. This first one is of the southernmost mountain in the preserve. I'm not sure of its name. By the way, I edited all of these photos in Adobe Camera Raw.

bigelow-preserve.jpg

Camera: Canon Rebel T7i
Shutter Speed: 1/80 sec
Aperture: f/8
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 24mm
Lens: Canon 24mm, f/2.8
Aperture Priority Mode
Edited in Adobe Camera Raw & Photoshop

This second shot is of a wetlands area that was at the base of the mountain. The fall colors are starting to show through in this one.

wetlands-bigelow-preserve.jpg

Shutter Speed: 1/80 sec
Aperture Priority Mode

These next two photographs are of the same thing; the promised scenic overlook on the Poplar Mountain Trail. I am simply posting both of them because I want you to see two different perspectives and edits.

mountain-view-maine.jpg

Shutter Speed: 1/60 sec
Aperture Priority Mode

view-from-poplar-mountain-trail-maine.jpg

Shutter Speed: 1/100 sec
Aperture Priority Mode

And there you go. I hope you liked them! Let me know what you think.