Corel PaintShop Pro vs. Adobe Photoshop?

• Thread starter CraigHardy
  • Start date
C

CraigHardy

I know this is probably an age old question and that the answer is most likely all over the internet, but I wanted to ask it here so I could possibly get into a question/answer conversation about it. I'm most likely going to have questions regarding the applications after someone (hopefully) offers me an answer.

So my question is, which is better? Corel PaintShop Pro or Adobe Photoshop? And when I say, "Photoshop," I mean the full version, not Elements. I used to use Elements and it just wasn't full featured enough for me.

From what I can see, Corel PaintShop Pro is pretty damn good. I watched a few videos where people were using it and I was actually blown away at what it could do. And is the 2020 version really only $69.99? That's a steal! Now, I fully understand that Adobe Photoshop has been around forever and that it's just stuffed with features. There are going to be things that PaintShop Pro simply can't do, but for simple photo editing, I'm pretty sure this program can't be beat.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone who has used both has an opinion. I've used Photoshop and I find it to be the crown jewel, but it's pricey at something like $120 per year. If I could just get the DVD or download Corel for $70 and run that for a few years and get away with it, I'd be happy. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Corel PaintShop Pro vs. Adobe Photoshop? was posted on 01-27-2020 by CraigHardy in the Photo Editing Applications forum.

Search