Hello From Jay Gaulard

• Thread starter JGaulard
  • Start date
JGaulard

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
Hi. My name is Jay Gaulard and I'm the owner/operator of this website. Right now, I'm working alone, but I'm sure I'll be part of a huge team one day. Each one of us will manage a different aspect of this website and it'll be fabulous. I promise. I initially developed this site for two reasons; first, because I can't seem to stop taking pictures and second, I can't seem to stop writing about the pictures that I take. I know, it's a rough life.

I've been legitimately interested in photography since 2008 when I purchased my first Canon DSLR camera. Since then, there's been a lot of amateur photography. Some good, some not so good. Back in 2015 I decided to get much more into the hobby, so I began learning about what photography actually is, how cameras work and how to better take my photographs. I even began learning about post-processing and for the past few years, I've been deeply immersed in the entire world of whatever this actually is. I take photos and then edit them in Adobe Camera Raw, Lightroom and Photoshop. I guess that's what this is.

I feel that there's a huge group of people out there who are like me. Folks who own cameras and who love to get outdoors to take pictures of things. It's these people I hope to attract to this site. I'd love to sit and chat about how cameras work and how to make pictures better, all around. While I think I know a lot, there's obviously always more to learn, so I hope to not only share what I have learned along the way, but to pick up some pointers as well. I'm pretty sure I'll be impressed with what the other forum members have to say.

If you're a hobby photographer, please register to sign up for an account. Then, go ahead and ask your questions about what you'd like to know or help a few of us others out with our own questions. If you're a pro, the same offer stands. We'd all love to read what you have to write. You're all very welcome here.

Jay

Oh, and by the way, I've owned the Canon Rebel T2i, T3i, T6i and now own the T7i. I currently live in Maine. My favorite lens right now is the Canon 24mm prime pancake lens and my favorite style of photography is landscape. This is all subject to change at any moment. I get excited about all sorts of things and the next time I pop my Sigma 10-20mm wide angle lens on my camera, I'm sure that'll be my favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello From Jay Gaulard was posted on 01-28-2020 by JGaulard in the Member Introductions forum.

Search