Hey, Look What's On TV - Train Coming Through Television

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
Okay, now this is interesting. I moved this post over to the Photoshop forum because I wanted to ask you about the image you uploaded. This is very cool. Would you mind explaining your process in Photoshop, in case anyone who visits this is curious about it? I'm assuming you had an image of a TV and another one of a train and then did some selections and cropping. It looks great. Did you employ any secret tricks you'd like to share?

Herb

Okay, now this is interesting. I moved this post over to the Photoshop forum because I wanted to ask you about the image you uploaded. This is very cool. Would you mind explaining your process in Photoshop, in case anyone who visits this is curious about it? I'm assuming you had an image of a TV and another one of a train and then did some selections and cropping. It looks great. Did you employ any secret tricks you'd like to share?
O.K. I learned this technique from a book by Matt Klaskowsi, "Layers". It's really a very involved technique consisting of 17 steps, on 10 pages of the book. The chapter was called A DEEPER LOOK INTO LAYER MASKS. You're correct. I had an image of a TV set, and a train, and then some weird manipulation.
I think my best bet would be to try to scan all 10 pages over to you, BUT I am going to need some time. Would I be breaking any copy right laws in doing this ? I am going to try to search it down on google.Maybe I'll get lucky.
I haven't done this for awhile, and I can tell you it wasn't easy, but I was pleasd with the outcome. BY the way, I entered this photo in my club's monthly competition for April, and I was awarded top score for it.

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
Thank you for the update. Don't worry about scanning any pages. I don't want you to go to any trouble. I was just wondering if it was a process of steps and if you remembered those broad steps, then share. That's about it. So it's two different photos and some layer masks. I can only imagine all the selecting and masking that went on behind the scenes. I think I've covered some of that on the blog. Not as intricate as this though. Congrats in winning top score!

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
Okay, I'll post this URL here. It covers the process Herb took above to create the fantastic image in the first post. What a great use of layer masks! Peachpit looks like a quality learning resource.

Photographers! Show Off Your Photos!

Advertisement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leo222