How Can I Set My Canon Rebel T3i to Continuous Shooting Mode?

KristinaW

I have a Canon Rebel T3i as a backup camera and I'm wondering how I can set it so I can take pictures continuously. You know, one after the other, really fast. I know there's a setting in there somewhere because I've seen it before, but I can't seem to locate it. Any advice?

LukeLewis

Hi Kristina - I know, this one is a bit confusing because the setting isn't readily available in the traditional "Settings" menu area. Basically, to change your T3i (or any other Canon Rebel camera for that matter - T2i, T4i, T5i, T6i and T7i) to Continuous Shooting mode, all you need to do is press the left arrow key on the back of the camera. Once you do that, you'll see the different Drive Mode options. Use the left and right arrow keys or the dial on top of the camera to select which mode you'd like to use and then press the Set button (at the center of the arrow keys) to make your change. Then get out there and shoot.

I do want to mention that the newer cameras in the Rebel line are offering two different Continuous Shooting modes; High Speed and Low Speed. This can come in handy when you don't necessarily need one or the other. You can make a better setting choice for your situation.

Please read this post for a more in-depth response.