How to Choose a Menu Option with Guided Display on the Canon T7i

• Thread starter JGaulard
  • Start date
JGaulard

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
While it's simple enough for someone who's experienced with the Canon T7i to browse and select a menu option, it may not be very straightforward for someone who's never used the camera. Because of this, I'll cover the entire process here. Not that's it's long and in depth of anything.

I've already covered how to swap your camera's menu options between the Guided display and the Standard display, so I won't go over that again. What I'll start off with is after you press the Menu button on the back of the camera. I'm assuming you've already got your display set to the Guided option.

Okay, you've pressed the Menu button. You should now see four different sections in the upper portion of the LCD monitor. They are, from left to right, Shooting Settings, Playback Settings, Function Settings, and Display Level Settings. To navigate from one to the next, use the left and right cross key buttons found on the rear of the camera.

Once you land on your desired section, press the Set button on the rear of the camera to enter the section. If you ever want to go back a step or up a level, all you need to do is press the Menu button up top again.

Once you're in the section, you'll likely see a few additional sub-sections. To navigate those, press the left and right cross keys again. To enter an area you see in one of the sub-sections, use the up and down cross keys to navigate to that area and once it's highlighted, press the Set button. Then, once you're inside of that area, use the cross keys and the Set button again to achieve the desired results. Basically, all of the operations in the Menu area can be dealt with by using the Menu, cross keys, and the Set button.

To exit the menu area, either press the Menu button a few times until you've returned to shooting mode or just press the shutter button down half way.

As I've stated previously, you'll likely enjoy using the Guided version of the menu area when you're a beginner, but once you become more experienced, you'll probably want to switch over to the Standard view.

How to Choose a Menu Option with Guided Display on the Canon T7i was posted on 02-09-2020 by JGaulard in the Camera Basics forum.

Search