How to Import Multiple Photos to the Photoshop Timeline

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
This is one of those tasks you'll likely have to complete when putting together a photo slideshow. Since slideshows pretty much always consist of more than one image, it's obvious that a method of moving those images into the Timeline panel of Adobe Photoshop is necessary. And of course, we want that method to be efficient and easy to understand. That's why I'm writing this post today. To offer that method.

Okay, I'd like to let you know that this post is part of a series. I wrote the full version of this post on the blog portion of this website and the preceding version of this forum one here. If you'd like to find out how I got all of the photos I'll now be importing into one folder and renamed to they describe the slideshow, you can do so here.

In this post, I'll quickly describe the process that's required to launch your photos into Photoshop so they end up listed one right after another in the Timeline panel.

To start, you'll need to create a new file in Photoshop and then you'll need to open up the Timeline panel so it's viewable and able to be worked in. To create a new file, open Photoshop and then visit the File > New menu item and then choose your specification. Then, once that's done, head up to the Window > Timeline menu item and click. That will open up the correct panel.

If you're planning on creating a video for the web, you'll need to make sure the video frame rate is appropriate. There's a menu in the upper right corner of the Timeline panel. Click that menu and then choose the Select Timeline Frame Rate option. In the box that pops up, choose 29.97. Hit OK to close the box.

Next, we'll actually import the images. To do this, find the small + (plus symbol) that's on the right side of the empty layer in the Timeline panel. Click that symbol and then when the window opens up, browse to your image folder, select your images and then press the Enter key on your keyboard to execute your action. That will import all of your selected photos into the same layer group, right inside of Photoshop. It's that easy.

Do you have a different method for importing photos to Photoshop's Timeline panel? If so, I'd like to read about it. Please share below. Or, if you have any questions about this process, you can ask them below too. Thanks!

Photographers! Show Off Your Photos!

Advertisement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaauydaaa