How to Save as a JPEG via Adobe Lightroom's Print Function

JGaulard

Staff member
Have you ever "printed" to a PDF file? I do that all the time and it's very useful. In general, I use my scanner to scan a document and then I "print" to a PDF to save that document in my files. I also print emails and other things to PDF files for saving as well. I have no idea why this "saving" feature is included in the print function, but it is. I don't argue with these things.

Anyway, Adobe Lightroom has a very similar feature. If you open the application, select an image to work on and then open that image in the Print tab, you'll see a bunch of different options. I actually recently wrote a post that covered some of the grid options in Lightroom, but I'll steer clear of those today. I merely want to discuss how to save as a JPEG.

To save a file or files as a JPEG via the print function in Lightroom, open the Print Job drop-down in the right column. Then, for the Print To option, choose JPEG File from the drop-down. After that, choose your options and then click the Print to File button below. A window will appear asking you where you'd like to save the file to. Select your location, save and enjoy. That's pretty much all there is to it. Of course, there are tons of incredible features in this Print area, but I'll discuss them another day. There are far too many for this post.

Do you have any advice or suggestions for how to use the options in the Print tab in Lightroom? If so, please share below. Thanks!

Photographers! Show Off Your Photos!