Is Geodesic Solutions Out of Business?

JGaulard

Staff member
I'm asking this question because I happen to have five classifieds websites currently running their software. They've been very quiet on their user forum and others have speculated that their doors are closing soon, if they haven't closed already. I submitted a free support ticket a few weeks ago and received a message back indicating that there would be a software update soon, after an almost year break. Another user mentioned that they received a similar message.

Well, last night, I noticed that Geo's website wasn't operational anymore. As of this moment, it's still not up and running. The software has security measures that won't let you install it on another server without updating your server IP address on Geo's server, but now there's no way to do that. Obviously, many people will be very upset at this.

I'm writing this post in the hopes that others who are using Geodesic Solution's classifieds software might chime in. As of right now, I don't know if there's anyplace to turn. Do software companies like this really just go out of business without telling anyone?

Hi, I also run a couple of websites based on the Geo platform, The Geodesicsolutions website has been unreachable since Fri Oct 19.

There have been many rumours that Geodesic Solutions might be closing shop, after losing their last and only remaining developer a few months ago.

I am hoping its just a glitch on the website, But am also realizing that it could be the end.

Hopefully us users of The Geo Platform can find a way to stay connected.

Thank you

Lui

Last edited by a moderator:

JGaulard

Staff member
Hi Lui,

Thank you for responding. I am still in shock that something like this would happen. No notice? That's pretty bad. If you don't mind me asking, where are you located? I'm in Maine in the US.

Staying connected is the reason I wrote this post. The moment the Geo forum went down, I realized that the others have no place to discuss this issue and the future. If you know of anyone else who runs Geodesic software, please let them know about this thread so we can all share ideas. Thanks.

Jay

Hi Jay, It looks like it was an issue with the website,

The Geodesic Solutions website is working properly as of this afternoon Sun Oct 21.

I am still interested in keeping this thread alive, In the event that there are issues in the future.

Thank You

Lui

JGaulard

Staff member
Hi Lui,

That's great to hear. Thank you for letting me know. I'll keep this thread alive forever, just in case. I think we better start preparing though. Thanks again.

Jay

Hi Jay,

I have been doing some due diligence on Geodesic for the last ten days or so as a potential new customer/ user of their software. I have tried contacting them constantly during this time to answer questions regarding their auction platform. I have tried via email, phonecalls, live chat and messenger and none of these have been responded to. Not a good look for them!!

Cheers

Justen

JGaulard

Staff member
Hi Justen,

Thank you for the update. I'm not sure what's going on, but I can tell you that their software is the best out there. Hopefully this is a bump in the road. Keep us updated with your progress here.

Thanks!

Jay

Will do Jay, hope so too as its the only one Ive found so far that possibly looks like could meet my needs. Not in a position to pay for their software though if they're on the way out!!

Cheers

Justen

Last edited by a moderator:

JGaulard

Staff member
Hi Justen,

I'm wondering...what are your needs? We should probably start a new thread for this. I've been working online with all different types of software since 2000 and I'm always interested in meeting people who would like to do the same. Perhaps I could offer some advice or learn something from you.

Jay

Sounds great Jay however Im not very tech savy at all!! Im looking for an auction software platform provider (or developer) who can modify the auction layout to my requirements