Is Geodesic Solutions Out of Business?

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
Have you looked at any other alternative solutions ? are there any other ones as good as Geo but offer reliable services?
I have not, but if anyone knows of top-of-the-line alternative classifieds software scripts, I'd certainly be interested. Please list them in this thread if you know of them.

P Hebberman

Good Day Guys, Pete here from Australia, i also run a website using this software, myself & my tech Guys have been frantically trying to contact Geo re updates & issues with SSL Cert while in " browsing Mode " these Guys have some of the best online classified advertising software on this Planet, it is a shame that they will not keep up contact with their existing users " At-least " !? Best Regards Peter Hebberman - From The Land Down Under

P Hebberman

I found this, information was last updated - 18 / 2 / 2019 - i tried the phone number but it said it was not in service.
James  Park

James Park
Information Technology Project Manager at Geodesic Solutions LLC
1701 W Northwest Hwy. Ste. 100, Grapevine, Texas, United States
Company:
Geodesic Solutions LLC
HQ Phone:
(817) 527-1575
Last Updated:
2/18/2019
Access James's Contact Information

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
Any update on this issue!
I read through a bunch of posts on Geo's forum the other day and learned that Jonyo, the previous lead developer, has returned and is helping the company with some server issues they had been having. It appears that the company is alive and working on things in the background. I had originally thought the they packed it up and disappeared, but from what Jonyo said, software developers who disappear don't hire people (such as himself) to fix their servers. Hope is not lost. If you have the patience, wait it out and if you don't, I guess try an alternative. I also read that there is an update coming, but I wouldn't hold me breath for that. I honestly do believe there is some action in the background. Anyone else have any info?

codemiles

thank you for the reply. Hopefully, we see good news soon. Am worried. They even don't have all the code unencrypted which make it harder to keep developing the site.

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
thank you for the reply. Hopefully, we see good news soon. Am worried. They even don't have all the code unencrypted which make it harder to keep developing the site.
Yes, that would be the best. Unencrypt the code and allow people to hire developers to take over. I do have a feeling they're coming back though. You might want to go into the Geo forums and track down Jonyo. He's using another username though. Currently, he's going back and forth with a few others about what he's working on in regards to Geo's servers. I've had him do some custom development work for me in the past and he's awesome to interact with. Very helpful. If you express your concerns to him, I'm wondering what his reply would be. He knows the software very well. He may be able to help.

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
I made a post and I dont see it?
Hi CodeMiles,

I moved your post to a new thread because it was off topic:

Thanks.

Jay

Dhersh

Help. Is there any update? My site was running until last week and just stopped working. The hosting company said everything is still in order. I've posted, called, emailed, etc. Geodesic but no response. I don't want to pay a bunch of money to rebuild my site on another package and then have this turn back on. However, the site has been down now for about 6 days.

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
Help. Is there any update? My site was running until last week and just stopped working. The hosting company said everything is still in order. I've posted, called, emailed, etc. Geodesic but no response. I don't want to pay a bunch of money to rebuild my site on another package and then have this turn back on. However, the site has been down now for about 6 days.
Have you tried emailing directly to "[email protected]"? Try that right from your own email account. Also, I would take a look in the forums for "jonyo." He's under a new username. He was the lead developer for Geo a few years back, so he may be able to help you out. Update this thread with what happens. Thanks.

Also, as a side note, I would try emptying the "templates_c" folder in your working directory with an FTP program. My sites used to stop working all the time until I emptied that folder. Then they'd work again. There's a bug with the software and some server setups.

Photographers! Show Off Your Photos!

Advertisement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
photoworksinteractive