Mallards and deer

Herb

I was on a nature hike a couple of days ago, and did not obey the Golden rule, to always take the camera. We came across a snowy egret. He was beautiful, flashing his golden legs. First one I have seen in years. He rubbed salt into the wound by striding so close to the group, and not spooking. I went back yesterday looking for him, but he was not waiting for me as I had asked him to.
Got the pair of mallards, and deer instead.

Mr. & Mrs. Duck.jpgBrookfield deer 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
Hi Herb - Well, you took some very good shots here, even though they aren't of your snowy egret. I like the mallards and deer just the same. Laura likes to bring her camera along everywhere she goes. That's fine with me because at least we have a camera with us. I'm usually driving, so I don't think it would be a good idea if I hung my head out the window while taking pictures. If you'd like to see some of her photos from around town, you can check out her blog. Anyway, keep up the good work! Your photos are looking great.

Herb

Hi Herb - Well, you took some very good shots here, even though they aren't of your snowy egret. I like the mallards and deer just the same. Laura likes to bring her camera along everywhere she goes. That's fine with me because at least we have a camera with us. I'm usually driving, so I don't think it would be a good idea if I hung my head out the window while taking pictures. If you'd like to see some of her photos from around town, you can check out her blog. Anyway, keep up the good work! Your photos are looking great.
I checked out Laura's blog. Some really great photos there.That's great that you can drive, and she can shoot away. My wife Ellen does neither drive, or have a burning interest in photograhy other than accompany me to our club competitions. But we do laugh about her being a great caddy, or lens person (Carrier of light equipment) In all honesty I can say that she does constantly encourage me to get out and shoot away, and is pleased when I end up with a good photo.

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
Yes, it's definitely good to have support when you're out there photographing. It sounds like your wife offers you a lot of it. I can't stay in one spot for very long to photograph like I should because I'm always on the move, but Laura can sit in one area all day long. We're very different in that regard. But, I end up taking nice photos anyway. And so does she. And so do you. Photography is a wonderful hobby!