Noise Reduction in the NIK Collection

Herb

I just discovered that in the NIK collection is dfine2. An EXCELLENT noise reduction technique. I knew it was there, but never really used it that much. while strugglig with a "noisy" photo with Adobe RAW I decided to give it another try. I was greatly impressed. From now on, when shooting birds, I'm going to try to pump up the ISO to about 800 or more to shoot at faster speeds. ( I have always been a low ISO advocate).

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
Very cool Herb. I haven't used the NIK Collection in some time, but I was just taking a look through their website. I'll have to investigate further. Thanks for the heads up.

Herb

Very cool Herb. I haven't used the NIK Collection in some time, but I was just taking a look through their website. I'll have to investigate further. Thanks for the heads up.
I first discovered NIK at a camera club meeting years ago. I was mostly impressed with what it did for B&W photography. I especially enjoy their presets, one in particular can make the photo look like a real old photo. You can even add dust, and scratches to the image. When google took it over, they made it free. Now another company took control, and charged $50.00 ( I think that was what it was). Knowing the program, I considered it a no brainer . It is more than just presets. They have a way of using control points to edit photos. Sometimes a bit confusing,( as all photo techniques can be) but worth learning. I sometimes use control points .
There are some really GREAT tutorials on NIK.

Photographers! Show Off Your Photos!

Advertisement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaauydaaa