Photos of Birds in Maine

laurag

Pro Member
Here is a great photograph I took the other morning of a perching white-throated sparrow.

Canon T6i
55-250mm Lens
F 6.3
1/400 Second
ISO 400

white-throated-sparrow2.jpg

Last edited:

laurag

Pro Member
I took this photo during the late morning in my backyard in Maine.

Last edited by a moderator:

laurag

Pro Member
Here is one of my favorite photographs I had taken of a black-capped chickadee among the early blossoms of an apple tree during the early spring of this year.

Canon T6i
55-250mm Lens
F 5.6
1/320 Second
ISO 200

black-capped-chickadee.jpg

laurag

Pro Member
This photograph was taken a few weeks ago. We had a flock of turkeys come through the property and they spent the whole day foraging and preening themselves.

Canon T6i
55-250 Lens
F 5.6
1/1600 Second
ISO 3200

turkeys-preening-themselves.jpg

laurag

Pro Member
I took this photograph this afternoon. It was a sunny and blustery day here in Maine. This is one of several black-capped chickadees perching in a maple tree. The birds were brave enough to be out in this weather and it was business as usual in the avian world.

Canon T6i
55-250 Lens
F 6.3
1/500 Second
ISO 200

black-capped-chickadee.jpg

laurag

Pro Member
This tufted titmouse didn't seem to mind me being around and I was able to get this nice shot yesterday.

Canon T6i
55-250 Lens
F 5.6
1/500 Second
ISO 160

tufted-titmouse-perching-maple.jpg

laurag

Pro Member
While I was out photographing birds the other day, I got a nice shot of this young male American goldfinch perching in a maple tree.

Canon T6i
55-250 Lens
F 5.6
1/500 Second
ISO 250

american-goldfinch-moulting.jpg

laurag

Pro Member
Here is a photograph of a black-capped chickadee perching in a birch tree with snow sticking on the branch.

Canon T6i
55-250mm Lens
F 5.6
1/500 Second
ISO 100

black-capped-chickadee-birch.jpg

Last edited:

laurag

Pro Member
I took this photo today, after another big storm yesterday here in Maine. This is a male downy woodpecker perching on a branch covered with snow and ice.

Canon T6i
55-250mm Lens
F 5.6
1/500 Second
ISO 160

male-downy-woodpecker.jpg

Last edited:

laurag

Pro Member
Here is a photograph of an American goldfinch perching on a dried sunflower plant. These birds haven't been around lately. They seem to come and go during this time of year. I suppose they will be back eventually.

Canon T6i
55-250mm Lens
F 5.6
1/500 Second
ISO 200

american-goldfinch.jpg

Herb

Here is a photograph of an American goldfinch perching on a dried sunflower plant. These birds haven't been around lately. They seem to come and go during this time of year. I suppose they will be back eventually.

Canon T6i
55-250mm Lens
F 5.6
1/500 Second
ISO 200

View attachment 76
I took this photo during the late morning in my backyard in Maine.
I'm not certain I responded in the proper place. I'm new to this site. All of your bird photos are tremendous. What is really amazing is, as anyone who has attepted to shoot tiny birds will agree with is they are incredibly hard to shoot.
They sit on a branch, tremble, twitch, jerk around, plus they have extraordinary high metabolism. They refuse to sit still. When using a tripod it is even more difficult, even at super high speed. Great job on all the photos of wee birds.
Herb

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
I'm not certain I responded in the proper place.
Hi Herb,

Yes, you responded in the correct place. To reply to one sentence or a paragraph, you can simply highlight those words with your mouse and then click on the Reply link that appears. I hope Laura receives your comments. She'll be thrilled that you like her photography.

Jay

laurag

Pro Member
I'm not certain I responded in the proper place. I'm new to this site. All of your bird photos are tremendous. What is really amazing is, as anyone who has attepted to shoot tiny birds will agree with is they are incredibly hard to shoot.
They sit on a branch, tremble, twitch, jerk around, plus they have extraordinary high metabolism. They refuse to sit still. When using a tripod it is even more difficult, even at super high speed. Great job on all the photos of wee birds.
Herb
Hello Herb,

Thank you for your kind words regarding my photography. I have enjoyed viewing your splendid photography as well. I suppose working with wildlife requires a great deal of time and patience. I find the pursuit of the perfect photograph may take a lifetime, but in the meantime, I will enjoy my time learning all there is to know about photography. I look forward to seeing more of your work here on the forum!

Laura

Photographers! Show Off Your Photos!

Latest posts

Follow Us on Facebook!