Photos of Industry, Maine

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
My lady and I went for a beautiful autumn hike a few days ago that went past a small cemetery and then up a mountain. The ending spot was situated on top of a huge cliff that looked out over Clearwater Lake in Industry, Maine. If you aren't familiar with Maine, Industry is a small town that sits northeast of Farmington, which is about an hour north of Interstate 95. It's considered western Maine and it's almost in the middle of nowhere, which is just perfect.

I took a whole bunch of photos while we were on top of the cliff. Here's one I grabbed as soon as we arrived. As you can see, the day was absolutely perfect.

clearwater-lake.jpg

Canon Rebel T7i, F/8, 1/200s, ISO 100, 18-135mm @ 18mm, Edited in Adobe Camera Raw

Here's another photo I really like. I believe it's of Tumbledown Mountain.

tumbledown-mountain.jpg

Canon Rebel T7i, F/8, 1/250s, ISO 100, 18-135mm @ 59mm, Edited in Adobe Camera Raw

This is definitely one of my favorites. I was going for the "sunburst" look and I think I got it. I had the aperture set to F/11, which is the smallest it will go with the lens I was using. Besides a bit of sun glare because I wasn't using a filter, I think it came out great.

sunburst-clearwater.jpg

Canon Rebel T7i, F/11, 1/400s, ISO 100, 18-135mm @ 18mm, Edited in Adobe Camera Raw

I think that's good for now. Those are the best ones that I haven't posted anywhere else yet. More to come. I'm always out there photographing.

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
I thought I'd create this thread so multiple members of this forum could post their photographs that were taken in Industry, Maine. I think I'll kick things off by adding a few of my own. If you have photos taken in this area, please feel free to add them below. We'd all love to see them!

These pictures were taken on January 7, 2019 at around 3pm. My lady and I were on our way home from a hike in Carrabassett and we almost passed right by a stunning tree sitting in the middle of a field with some sunlight filtering through it. It was a photo op if I ever saw one, so I pulled over and we hopped out of the car. I took many photos, but I think these three capture the essence of what was going on.

This first photo is from about 100 feet away from the tree. The wide angle lens makes it seems as though it's much farther away than it really was.

Camera: Canon Rebel T7i
Lens: Sigma 10-20mm @ 10mm
Aperture: F/11
Shutter Speed: 1/250 s
ISO: 100

sunlight-filter-tree.jpg

Here's another one. This time, I'm probably about 50 feet away from the tree. I like this one the best. If I had to describe the photo, I'd say it was a sunlight burst filtering through an apple tree in the winter. Beautiful field that day.

Aperture: F/22
Shutter Speed: 1/50 s
ISO: 100

sunlight-burst-apple-tree-winter.jpg

And finally, we have the closest image of them all. I was right up on the tree this time, but the sun was falling fast. I didn't get a chance to make it filter through the apple tree like I did for the others. It does look pretty cool in the background though.

Aperture: F/22
Shutter Speed: 1/40 s
ISO: 125

apple-tree-winter.jpg

Well? What do you think? I love these shots and I was glad to have had the opportunity to capture them. Leave your Industry, Maine photos below. Thanks!