Photos of Squirrels in Maine

laurag

Pro Member
This is a photograph I had taken of an American red squirrel in the woods of the backyard. I was out photographing the autumn foliage and it let me know where it was on this branch, because it was quite vocal.

Canon T6i
55-250 Lens
F 5.6
1/320 Second

ISO 1600red-squirrel2.jpg

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
This is a great shot. I'm loving the reds in the tail. What application did you use to process this image? Also, did you use the Targeted Adjustment Tool in Adobe Camera Raw?

Last edited:

laurag

Pro Member
Thank you. No, I didn't use the Targeted Adjustment Tool. I just increased the exposure a bit in Photoshop.

canongal17

Spotted this little guy when out for a walk last fall. He didn't seem to mind getting his photo taken.

Canon EOS REBEL T3i
f/5.6
1/200 sec
ISO-800
0 step
18-135mm @ 126mm

curious squirrel.jpg

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
Awesome shot. Is that a red squirrel or a gray squirrel? I'm seeing some red in there. Laura's got a love/hate relationship with the red squirrels in our back yard. They are quite photogenic, but steal much of the bird food she leaves for the birds. This is one of them.

laurag

Pro Member
That is a great shot! I agree, these squirrels are ruthless! I have had to deal with up to seven of these punks. They sure love stealing food from my bird feeders.