Snowy egret

Herb

Was walking with my wife today, and this time I took my camera. I finally came across a snowy egret, but this time I was ready for him. f 20, 1/200, ISO 640, 400 mm ( 600 mm cropped)egret 3.jpgsnowy egret 2.jpg

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
Very nice Herb! Is this the one you were after? The elusive one? Great shots. Incredible birds, aren't they? This one looks similar to one that we saw flying behind our house when we lived in Palm Coast, Florida. That was a treat.

Herb

Very nice Herb! Is this the one you were after? The elusive one? Great shots. Incredible birds, aren't they? This one looks similar to one that we saw flying behind our house when we lived in Palm Coast, Florida. That was a treat.
Yes this is the snowy egret. Not as large as the great egret, but a beautiful bird. It hangs out in the samae spot as the Great. What makes it so attractive are the feet, yellow in color.

Herb

I spent about 3 hours walking 4 parks yesterday carrying my tripod, and monster lens. It seemed as though all birds had left Staten Island . Finally, at the last park visited, my favorite, and only about 3 minutes by car.

Great Egret wading.jpg

I found this guy apparently waiting patiently for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
I spent about 3 hours walking 4 parks yesterday carrying my tripod, and monster lens. It seemed as though all birds had left Staten Island . Finally, at the last park visited, my favorite, and only about 3 minutes by car.
Nice shot Herb! Beautiful birds. I merged this post with your Snowy Egret post since we're talking about egrets. I think the merge will be better for those who are interested in these birds.

Photographers! Show Off Your Photos!

Advertisement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
photoworksinteractive