Superb starling

Herb

These birds were all over , usually hanging out by the dining halls, picnic tables, where ever they might get a free meal. This was taken at the entrance to the Serengeti. SONY alpha 77m2. f9.0, 1/400, ISO 800, 500 mm ( 750 mm cropped)0443 Superb starling copy.jpg

Last edited:

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
Do we have these in the states? I seem to remember seeing these birds around. Not the numbers I'm sure you saw, but some here and there. They look like smaller crows. I bet they have attitude. They look it.

Herb

Do we have these in the states? I seem to remember seeing these birds around. Not the numbers I'm sure you saw, but some here and there. They look like smaller crows. I bet they have attitude. They look it.
This species has a very large range and can commonly be found in East Africa, including Ethiopia, Somalia, Uganda, Kenya, Sudan, and Tanzania.[2]

The superb starling lives in savanna, in thornbush and acacia arid areas, open woodland, lakeshore woodlands, gardens and cultivated fields, at an elevation of 0–2,650 metres (0–8,694 ft) above sea level.[2][3]