What Kinds of Data Cards Can be Used in the Canon Rebel T7i?

• Thread starter JGaulard
  • Start date
JGaulard

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
This is a huge question that's actually quite important. It's also a popular one because one of the most frequently purchase photography accessories is a data card. That and extra batteries, but I already covered batteries in my last post. Today, I'd like to talk about data cards for your Canon T7i, otherwise known as the 800D.

Okay, here it is; for this camera, you may use SD, SDHC, or SDXC memory cards. SDHC and SDXC cards with UHS-I are fine as well. It's important to note that you should be sure that the write-protect switch on these cards is set upward so writing and erasing is enabled. If this switch isn't set upward, you'll be in for a rude awakening at the end of your shoot. Although, your camera may warn you of this setting. It's also important to note that your brand new camera won't come with a memory card included, so you'll need to purchase one. When you do, be sure to purchase the largest one you can afford. You'll thank yourself for that later on.

To install your data card in your camera, with the camera off, you'll need to open the door that's on the camera's right side. So if you're holding your camera in your hands as if you were going to take a photograph, the right side is where the door is. Just slide that door open towards the back of the camera and then hold the card so its label is facing the rear of the camera. The missing corner of the card should be facing upward. Push the card into the camera until you hear a click. When you're ready, slide the door closed again and then turn your camera on. With the new card installed, you should see the number of available shots you have remaining on the rear LCD screen. This number will totally depend on the capacity of the card you purchased as well as the quality settings you chose for your photographs.

To remove the memory card from your camera, turn your camera off. Then, slide the door open again and push the card into the camera more with your fingernail. When you hear a click, let your finger go and the card should pop out. Simply pull it all the way out and it will be removed. When the camera isn't in use, keep the door closed so dirt and dust doesn't find its way inside.

What Kinds of Data Cards Can be Used in the Canon Rebel T7i? was posted on 01-27-2020 by JGaulard in the Camera Basics forum.

Search