Why Discussion Forums are Really Great For Website Promotion

JGaulard

Staff member
The trick with promoting a website is to get your message to users who matter. There's no sense in spamming your grandmother with links for a website about hot rod cars. I'm sure you've faced this sort of situation on social media. A friend is into something new, such as selling hair shampoo, and everything you've seen from them over the past month is about that shampoo. The only problem is, you're completely bald. It's like, wrong market, right? Wouldn't your friend better spend his or her efforts spreading the word about their new shampoo on a website where people who are looking for shampoo are hanging out?

People absolutely love hanging out in discussion forums on the internet. They live in them. Forums are extremely topical, so if someone has an interest in something specific, that's where they spend most of their time. And if the forum is popular, that's all the better. It a friend has a love for race cars, they can read all sorts of different posts about those types of cars. They won't be polluted with message about hair shampoo.

So here's the thing. If you're into race cars and if you have a website about race cars, you're most likely going to want to build up the traffic to your website. Which do you think would be a better option for you to invest your time in, spreading your wisdom about race cars on Facebook, where you're friends with your grandma, or on a discussion board about race cars specifically? I think you know the answer. Believe me when I tell you that you should hang on in a race car forum. Those are your people. If you write worthy messages and answer questions thoughtfully, they'll love and respect you. They'll also want to know more about you.

There's a thing called a signature inside of web forums. Once you become a member of a forum, you can edit your profile to include a signature, which oftentimes includes your name, a blurb about you and a link to your website or social media page (or both). I want you to think about this for a moment. Imagine being an active member in a race car forum where other members love you. You write messages and answer questions there all day long. Each and every post you write has a link to your website sitting right below it. Are you seeing the magic here? Can you imagine the perfectly targeted exposure you'll get, simply by writing your thoughts on the internet? This stuff is gold. I'm telling ya.

By the way, you're in a forum right now. Register to get involved today!