Windmills in Zoanse Schans, Holland

Herb

Our Riverboat cruise came to and end, and much to my shock, I have over 600 photos to work on.
I have worked on about 17 photos so far, but wanted to send this one in now
This is a still working windmill built if I remember correctly, in the early 1600s. It is used to pulverize limestone blocks to a fine powder, to be sold to pharmaceutical firms.
Taken in Holland at Zoanse Schans . SONY a77M2 shot at, 1/100, f11, ISO 400, 35mm (52 cropped)

016 working windmill.jpg

Last edited:

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
He's back! Man, you've got your hands full. I can see you know, sitting there working on all your photos. This one you just shared is a nice one. Okay, so this was in Greece? Am I correct? If so, whereabouts?

Herb

Oops I am so sorry ! I forgot to mention where this was taken. It was taken in a section of Holland, in the Netherlands called Zoanse Schans. I'll go back to the photo, and try to edit it.You are correct, in my sitting by the desk chugging along. I may never see natural daylight again.

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
Okay, I have no idea why I said Greece. I'm pretty far off. I don't even know if Greece has windmills like this. Exciting! I'll look this one up.