Zoey

Herb

Zoey was one of my daughter's cats. She was such a gentle creature, and so loveable. She is sorely missed.ZOEY .jpg

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
Now that is a very good looking cat. I am a cat lover, which makes me slightly more intelligent than most people. Zoey reminds me of Ron, who you can take a look at here:

Herb

Now that is a very good looking cat. I am a cat lover, which makes me slightly more intelligent than most people. Zoey reminds me of Ron, who you can take a look at here:

Well Ron certanly is a cute one. I got a kick out his coloration. When my daughter got married, she had 2 cats at the time , and she married a guy with one cat. He looks JUST like Ron, and his name is Mr. Orange. We had a cat Juliet for about 20 years, and we about 6 months ago had to finally put out her down. It was heartbreaking, but she was unable to get around. I loved Juliet, but she put me through a rough time. I'll explain. We brought her to a vet for hydration, and the vet had me hold her while she was being hydrated. She was terrified, and bit me hard on the finger. So hard I could feel her teeth sink into the bone. I bled plenty. The vet was uncomfortable, put a band-aid on, and got rid of us quickly.To make a long story short, I ended up with 2 surgeries, 2 1/2 days in the hospital, and worst of all I had a PIC line for 6 WEEKS. My wife learned how to do it for me.Had the vet told me immediately of the dangers of cat bites I would have gone immediately to the urgicare, received a shot, and "possibly " have avoided all of the ensuing difficulties. I had 6 doctors tell me that I might have avoided all of that had I gone immediaely, instead of waiting a day.
Anyway, I never felt any change of feeling towards Juliet because she was terrified, and I loved her just as much as I did from day one with her.
When she passed, we have since goten another cat, Bambi, about a month and a half ago. Where Juliet her entire life was a biter, Bambi is as sweet as can be. She will NOT bite even when we struggled to get her into a carrying case. If she nibbles on my fingers, I simply say NO, and she stop, and goes into lick mode.

Attachments

JGaulard

Staff member
Pro Member
I can see this easily turning into a cat blog. It's just too easy because we could go on for hours with our stories. I'm tempted, but I'll try to resist.

I have heard that cat bites are very dangerous. My lady is a certified vet tech and she's seen it all. I am sorry to hear that you went through all that, but I'm glad to hear that you were understanding enough to know that Juliet was very scared. I always feel for cats because of that. They scare so easily. I'm glad you're better now though.

I have to tell you, Bambi looks like trouble. I can picture her running all over the place at top speed. Very cute!

Herb

I can see this easily turning into a cat blog. It's just too easy because we could go on for hours with our stories. I'm tempted, but I'll try to resist.

I have heard that cat bites are very dangerous. My lady is a certified vet tech and she's seen it all. I am sorry to hear that you went through all that, but I'm glad to hear that you were understanding enough to know that Juliet was very scared. I always feel for cats because of that. They scare so easily. I'm glad you're better now though.

I have to tell you, Bambi looks like trouble. I can picture her running all over the place at top speed. Very cute!
You got that right ! I never saw a cat move so quickly. We are simply amazed at how fast this cat goes up, and down a flight of stairs. Most of the time she doesn't even bother with the steps. She'll just jump through then rungs of the banister landing on the couch in the living room a flight below. If I am at my computer, and by mistake leave the door open, she'll sneak in, go from cabinet to cabinet, end up on my plant shelf, knocking over my orchids. I still love her.
Interesting that your lady is a Vet Tech . A wonderful occupation.